Make a Difference.
Be a Player.
Support Theatre for a New Audience.
For 30 seasons, Theatre for a New Audience has brought you productions with the greatest language ever written interpreted by the theatre’s leading artists, such as Peter Brook, John Douglas Thompson, Jefferson Mays, Juliet Rylance, Christian Camargo and F. Murray Abraham. You come on the journey with us because you share our commitment to the classic plays that continue to inform our lives.
But we need your support to make it happen. Approximately 30% of what we spend on our productions is covered by ticket sales. The true cost of a ticket is between two and three times what we charge for it.
And our education programs, which serve thousands of fifth through twelfth graders from New York’s Public Schools each year with proven in-school programming that sparks creativity and improves learning, is nearly entirely supported by donations.
In short, none of our productions or programs would be possible without your generosity.
When you make a donation to Theatre for a New Audience, you make an investment in classical theatre with an American point of view: fresh, innovative, powerful and relevant.
What does your gift accomplish? Your support allows us to:
- Hire leading directors and great actors. Not Hollywood stars.
- Bring the finest theatre designers from Broadway and around the world to work on our productions.
- Train and invest in the next generation of theatre artists through workshops with guest directors and vocal coaches from the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Share our work with a diverse audience of more than 25,000 from across the region and keeping ticket prices within the reach of the most people.
- Build tomorrow’s audience for classic theatre with the New Deal Ticket program, the most liberal ticket discount policy for audiences 25 years old and younger, and all full-time students with ID.
- Serve more than 2,000 students and their teachers annually in the largest program in the New York City Public Schools, exposing young audiences to the classics. Many of the schools we work with have no other arts programming.
Remember what it was like to see your first Shakespeare production, or your first professional theatre production. Imagine the excitement our students feel.
Now imagine that you helped make this possible.
Please make a gift today.
Every gift of every size makes a difference. Listing in our Playbill programs begins at $100 and is the equivalent of the expense of a Teaching Artist’s sessions with two classes in our education program—serving 60 kids. $300 pays the studio rental for one day of rehearsal for a production. $1,000 pays for an actor’s Equity salary and benefits for one week. Gifts at every level impact the quality and reach of our productions and programs.
“What is the City but the People?”
–Coriolanus, Act iii. sc. I
The cast of Julius Caesar. Photo by Gerry Goodstein
Click to download our:
-Audited Financial Statement
If you would prefer to mail or fax
your gift, click here to download a
giving form. Theatre for a New
Audience’s mailing address and fax
number are on the form.
Make a Membership Gift (gifts under $1000)
Make a Producers Circle Gift (gifts $1000 and above)
For information on making gifts of stock, corporate matching gifts or gifts in honor of/memory of click Other Ways To Give.