In the News
Critical Acclaim for King Lear:
- “THOUGHTFUL AND AFFECTING. King Lear has lowered its voice, the better to be heard more clearly…Mr. Pennington’s King…punctuates the expected blasts of rage with a quieter, introspective insight that is more devastating…More than any Lear I’ve seen this production gives the impression of talking to — rather than yelling at — its audience…Ms. Arbus is here to remind us just how muchLear is a story not only of dynasty but also of families.” – Ben Brantley, The New York Times. Read the full review.
- “Spare…Powerful…Potent” – Joe Dziemianowicz, New York Daily News. Read the full review.
- “The gifted Shakespearean Michael Pennington plays the role with valiant sensitivity and insight…” – Alexis Soloski, Village Voice
- “A stark, supple staging with a good company headed by Michael Pennington, who is wonderfully subtle.” – Michael Sommers, NewJerseyNewsroom.com. Read the full review.
- Read Michael Pennington’s interview with The Wall Street Journal.
- Director Arin Arbus discusses the production with Flavorpill.com.
- Discover more about the company and the production on Playbill.
Short Interview with Michael Pennington:
View a slideshow of rehearsal photos:
Michael Pennington – Extended Interview: