Position: Box Office Assistants for Remember This (part-time)
Reports to: Theatre Manager
About Theatre for a New Audience
Founded in 1979, Theatre for a New Audience (TFANA) is an award-winning off-Broadway LORT- C theatre whose mission is to develop and vitalize the performance and study of Shakespeare and classic drama alongside other new work. TFANA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment and strongly encourages applications from underrepresented populations. The position will remain open until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified.
Values and Strategies
We are guided in our work by five core values: a reverence for language, a spirit of adventure, a commitment to diversity, a dedication to learning, and a spirit of service. These values inform what we do with artists, how we interact with audiences, and how we manage our organization. Language is at the heart of all we do. We focus on the language and ideas of writers. We believe that hearing great language powerfully expressed improves our listening skills, opens our eyes, and deepens our perception and understanding of the world around us. We infuse our work with adventure—provocative ideas, visual boldness, and a sense that we are on a lifelong journey with Shakespeare and classic drama. We are committed to diversity—diverse approaches to dramatic material, diversity on our staff, in our casting and audiences, and multifaceted relationships with uniquely different communities. Learning is a fundamental principle of the Theatre, and we value learning as a process that takes place over time—a process that depends on our ability to promote curiosity, reflection, study, research, and dialogue in all our work. We are dedicated to service. Inspired by our civic role, we seek to create broad public access and to bond the diverse New York Community through the language, pleasure, and ideas of classical drama. To advance our mission and values, Theatre for a New Audience:
- produces Shakespeare alongside other plays of classic stature and major contemporary plays, creating a dialogue over centuries between Shakespeare and other authors about our contemporary world;
- builds long-term associations with artists and offers programs for their growth and ongoing development;
- promotes the humanities by presenting dynamic discussions with leading artists and scholars in a variety of fields in conjunction with the plays we present;
- programs for wide-ranging audiences—from connoisseurs of diverse repertory to young people who are seeing groundbreaking productions for the first time;
- promotes access for diverse audiences by offering economically priced tickets;
- provides rich arts-in-education programs, including teacher training and the largest in-depth program in New York City to introduce Shakespeare to Public School students;
- utilizes its facilities and intellectual resources to serve the local artistic, educational, and social communities where the Theatre operates, and contributes to the international theatre community through touring, artistic exchanges, and partnerships.
About the Position
We are currently seeking new Box Office Assistants for our next production at Polonsky Shakespeare Center in Brooklyn. Box Office Assistants’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Answering incoming phone calls for ticket sales and customer service inquiries.
- Distributing tickets each day before shows.
- Responding to daily email inquiries.
- Serving as a first point of contact for our loyal subscribers.
- Ticketing experience at a performance venue is preferred, but not required.
This position requires a flexible schedule with availability on nights and weekends, and is part time, seasonal, and without benefits. Full vaccination is required for all employees.
Pay rate is $18/hr
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Box Office Assistant” in the subject line.
Theatre for a New Audience is committed to attracting, hiring, and retaining employees who reflect the cultural diversity of our community. We believe that every employee has the right to work in a respectful environment that is free from discrimination, consistent with our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect. This commitment extends to all aspects of the employment relationship.