Position: New Deal Brand Ambassadors (part-time)
Reports to: New Deal Program Coordinator
Compensation: $300 stipend per production plus commission
About Theatre for a New Audience
Founded in 1979, Theatre for a New Audience (TFANA) is an award-winning off-Broadway LORT- C theatre whose mission is to develop and vitalize the performance and study of Shakespeare and classic drama alongside other new work. TFANA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment and strongly encourages applications from underrepresented populations. The position will remain open until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified.
Values and Strategies
We are guided in our work by five core values: a reverence for language, a spirit of adventure, a commitment to diversity, a dedication to learning, and a spirit of service. These values inform what we do with artists, how we interact with audiences, and how we manage our organization. Language is at the heart of all we do. We focus on the language and ideas of writers. We believe that hearing great language powerfully expressed improves our listening skills, opens our eyes, and deepens our perception and understanding of the world around us. We infuse our work with adventure—provocative ideas, visual boldness, and a sense that we are on a lifelong journey with Shakespeare and classic drama. We are committed to diversity—diverse approaches to dramatic material, diversity on our staff, in our casting and audiences, and multifaceted relationships with uniquely different communities. Learning is a fundamental principle of the Theatre, and we value learning as a process that takes place over time—a process that depends on our ability to promote curiosity, reflection, study, research, and dialogue in all our work. We are dedicated to service. Inspired by our civic role, we seek to create broad public access and to bond the diverse New York Community through the language, pleasure, and ideas of classical drama. To advance our mission and values, Theatre for a New Audience:
- produces Shakespeare alongside other plays of classic stature and major contemporary plays, creating a dialogue over centuries between Shakespeare and other authors about our contemporary world;
- builds long-term associations with artists and offers programs for their growth and ongoing development;
- promotes the humanities by presenting dynamic discussions with leading artists and scholars in a variety of fields in conjunction with the plays we present;
- programs for wide-ranging audiences—from connoisseurs of diverse repertory to young people who are seeing groundbreaking productions for the first time;
- promotes access for diverse audiences by offering economically priced tickets;
- provides rich arts-in-education programs, including teacher training and the largest in-depth program in New York City to introduce Shakespeare to Public School students;
- utilizes its facilities and intellectual resources to serve the local artistic, educational, and social communities where the Theatre operates, and contributes to the international theatre community through touring, artistic exchanges, and partnerships.
About the Position
Theatre for a New Audience is looking to hire multiple enthusiastic brand ambassadors for our New Deal Program, which offers $20 tickets for those aged 30 and under or full-time students of any age. New Deal Ambassadors will be the face and voice of the TFANA and New Deal brand, while also playing an integral part in increasing New Deal brand awareness and ticket sales through various media channels. You will work closely with the New Deal Program Coordinator to achieve marketing and ticket sale goals.
The ideal candidate: you are self-motivated and excited about theatre. You are passionate about audience diversity and connecting people in your community to discounted theatre tickets. You are the ultimate self-driven go getter who wants to spread the word about New York’s lowest discounted theatre tickets. You love social media – people who follow you love your content and are genuinely interested in what you have to say!
Qualifications & Traits
- Appreciation for theatre
- Familiarity with company’s mission, vison, and goals
- Maintaining a positive image of TFANA and New Deal Program
- Prior experience in sales and customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Friendly, approachable, and outgoing personality
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and tools
- Strong presence on social media
- Previous brand ambassador experience a plus
This is a part-time position with a $300 stipend per production plus a 20% commission on any New Deal Tickets sold by the New Deal Ambassador using their unique NEWDEAL code.
To apply please send a resume, along with a short paragraph explaining why you think you would be a great fit for this position to email@example.com with “New Deal Brand Ambassador” in the subject line. If you would like to share your Instagram feed, TikTok content, or show off any witty Tweets, you can also include social media handles for Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter.
Theatre for a New Audience is committed to attracting, hiring, and retaining employees who reflect the cultural diversity of our community. We believe that every employee has the right to work in a respectful environment that is free from discrimination, consistent with our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect. This commitment extends to all aspects of the employment relationship.
Posted on June 9, 2022