New Deal Program Coordinator
Position: New Deal Program Coordinator
Reports to: Marketing Manager and Director of Marketing and Communications
Part-Time (20 hours per week)
Compensation: $20 per hour plus commission
About Theatre for a New Audience
Founded in 1979, Theatre for a New Audience (TFANA) is an award-winning off-Broadway LORT- C theatre whose mission is to develop and vitalize the performance and study of Shakespeare and classic drama alongside other new work. TFANA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment and strongly encourages applications from underrepresented populations. The position will remain open until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified.
Values and Strategies
We are guided in our work by five core values: a reverence for language, a spirit of adventure, a commitment to diversity, a dedication to learning, and a spirit of service. These values inform what we do with artists, how we interact with audiences, and how we manage our organization. Language is at the heart of all we do. We focus on the language and ideas of writers. We believe that hearing great language powerfully expressed improves our listening skills, opens our eyes, and deepens our perception and understanding of the world around us. We infuse our work with adventure—provocative ideas, visual boldness, and a sense that we are on a lifelong journey with Shakespeare and classic drama. We are committed to diversity—diverse approaches to dramatic material, diversity on our staff, in our casting and audiences, and multifaceted relationships with uniquely different communities. Learning is a fundamental principle of the Theatre, and we value learning as a process that takes place over time—a process that depends on our ability to promote curiosity, reflection, study, research, and dialogue in all our work. We are dedicated to service. Inspired by our civic role, we seek to create broad public access and to bond the diverse New York Community through the language, pleasure, and ideas of classical drama. To advance our mission and values, Theatre for a New Audience:
- produces Shakespeare alongside other plays of classic stature and major contemporary plays, creating a dialogue over centuries between Shakespeare and other authors about our contemporary world;
- builds long-term associations with artists and offers programs for their growth and ongoing development;
- promotes the humanities by presenting dynamic discussions with leading artists and scholars in a variety of fields in conjunction with the plays we present;
- programs for wide-ranging audiences—from connoisseurs of diverse repertory to young people who are seeing groundbreaking productions for the first time;
- promotes access for diverse audiences by offering economically priced tickets;
- provides rich arts-in-education programs, including teacher training and the largest in-depth program in New York City to introduce Shakespeare to Public School students;
- utilizes its facilities and intellectual resources to serve the local artistic, educational, and social communities where the Theatre operates, and contributes to the international theatre community through touring, artistic exchanges, and partnerships.
About the Position
The New Deal Program Coordinator will work to increase visibility and engagement for the New Deal Ticket Program, which offers $20 tickets to those age 30 and under, or full-time students of any age. The Coordinator will also spearhead efforts to expand racial and economic diversity among young patrons.
New Deal Program Coordinator Job Highlights
- Develop relationships with like-minded groups such as student societies, campus departments, and neighborhood organizations.
- Identify, seed, and cultivate relationships with influencers in the theatre-going scene in different communities.
- Manage group of brand ambassadors (roughly 10-15 per show) who will work to increase TFANA’s profile amongst their peers.
- Sell New Deal tickets for TFANA productions and motivate New Deal Brand Ambassadors to achieve sales goals.
- Track sales of ambassadors and be able to report on monthly goals and initiatives.
- Ideate and create collateral to promote the New Deal program alongside the Marketing Manager and Director of Marketing.
- Organize and host New Deal Nights and/or other events off-site for patrons to interact with artists and creative teams.
- Capture and analyze efforts through sales data, surveys, and on-site conversations, and share key learnings and success stories with Marketing team.
Qualifications & Traits
- Experience in customer service and/or as a campus brand ambassador for non-profits.
- Confident, organized self-starter who takes an entrepreneurial approach to projects.
- Enthusiasm for generating new relationships for TFANA, and fearless about testing new ideas.
- Ability to leverage social media to support off-line programming to drive awareness and sales.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications; familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud applications a plus.
This is a part-time position (20 hours a week) that requires both time in the field and in the office. Start date will be in mid-August. Schedule will be determined by TFANA and the Coordinator.
Compensation is $20 an hour, plus 20% commission on any New Deal tickets sold by the Coordinator, and 8% commission on New Deal tickets sold by the New Deal Brand Ambassadors.
Applicants for this position should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put “New Deal Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
Theatre for a New Audience is committed to attracting, hiring, and retaining employees who reflect the cultural diversity of our community. We believe that every employee has the right to work in a respectful environment that is free from discrimination, consistent with our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect. This commitment extends to all aspects of the employment relationship.
Posted on June 9, 2022