Directions & Parking
|Theatre for a New Audience
Polonsky Shakespeare Center
262 Ashland Place
Brooklyn, NY 11217
Please CLICK HERE for directions.
Polonsky Shakespeare Center is located near all major subway lines, a variety of bus lines, and the LIRR.
Subway: Take the 2, 3, 4, or 5 to Nevins Street; B, D, N, Q, or R trains to Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center; the C to Lafayette Avenue; or the G to Fulton Street. Please check the MTA website for service changes.
- From Nevins Street Train Station: Head northwest on Flatbush Ave. Turn right onto Fulton St. Turn right onto Ashland Pl. Polonsky Shakespeare Center will be on the right.
- From Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center Subway Station: When exiting the station, follow exit signs marked “BAM/LIRR”. Walk through the LIRR station to exit at the intersection of Flatbush Ave., Hanson Pl., & Ashland Pl. Walk north on Ashland Pl. for 1.5 blocks, and Polonsky Shakespeare Center will be on your left.
Bus: The B25, B26, B41, B45, B52, B63, and B67 buses all stop within a few blocks of our theatre.
LIRR: The Long Island Rail Road stops at Atlantic Terminal, which is located two blocks away from our theatre.
Citi Bike: The nearest Citi Bike station is located at the corner of Fulton Street and Rockwell Place.
ACCESSIBILITY – Atlantic Avenue/Barclays Center/4th Avenue
For information about elevator access to and from the Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center subway station, please click here.
Public transportation is the easiest and quickest way to get to our theatre. However, if you are driving, please allow additional time for traffic and parking, especially on evenings that coincide with events at the Barclays Center.
From Downtown Manhattan or FDR Drive: Take the Brooklyn Bridge. Turn left on Tillary St. Turn right on Flatbush Ave. Turn left on Fulton St. Take the second right onto Ashland Pl. Theatre for a New Audience will be on your right.
From Manhattan’s West Side: Take the West Side Highway to Canal St. Exit left onto Canal St, which feeds directly into the Manhattan Bridge. Across the bridge, continue straight onto Flatbush Ave. Turn left on Fulton St. Take the second right onto Ashland Pl. Theatre for a New Audience will be on your right.
From the BQE (East or West): Exit at Tillary St. At the second light, turn left onto Flatbush Ave. Turn left on Fulton St. Take the second right onto Ashland Place. Theatre for a New Audience will be on your right.
Three parking lots are within a short walking distance of Theatre for a New Audience:
- An indoor parking lot is located at 286 Ashland Place (one block south of the Theatre).
- A parking garage is located at the Atlantic Center at 625 Atlantic Ave. (entrance on Fort Greene Pl, between Atlantic Ave. and Hanson Pl.)
- The parking lots located at 622 Fulton St., 66 Rockwell Pl., and 9 Lafayette Ave. are currently closed.