Seat Naming Campaign
In fall 2013, after 33 seasons of award-winning and internationally-acclaimed productions, Theatre for a New Audience opened its first home, Polonsky Shakespeare Center, in the Brooklyn Cultural District.
We invite you to join with us and become a permanent part of this new home by making a $5,000 gift to purchase A Seat for Shakespeare. Two seats can be purchased for $9,000. Your tax-deductible gift will be commemorated in plaques of brushed aluminum on seats in the Orchestra, mezzanine or Balcony levels of the Scripps Mainstage.
You can donate a seat in your name, or in honor or memory of loved ones, or to commemorate an important anniversary or life event.
Your gift can be designated to:
- General support for the Capital Campaign
- The Theatre’s endowment, supporting its operations
- The Theatre’s Education endowment, supporting its programs in the New York City Public Schools
- The Theatre’s Humanities endowment, supporting free publications, programs and events with scholars and artists for the public
- The Theatre’s endowment fund for productions
- The Studio—a Challenge Match opportunity—developing new work and new approaches to classical drama through workshops for directors, actors and playwrights with master artists; residencies for theatre artists to experiment; as well as through new commissions and translations. Seat naming gifts designated to The Studio will be worth 33% more and help meet the 3:1 matching requirement of a $500,000 Challenge Grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
To name your seat, you can go about it in one of the following ways:
- Sign up online below.
- Download and complete the order form in the link below and send to:
A Seat for Shakespeare
Theatre for a New Audience
154 Christopher Street, 3D
New York, NY 10014
Download Order Form (PDF)
- Contact Director of Institutional Advancement James Lynes at 212.229.2819 x29 to complete your order by phone.
Please note that the dedication of a seat does not guarantee that specific seat assignment in our theatre, and seat sponsors must still purchase tickets for any performance in the Theatre. Of course, if your seat is available for a performance, we will always try our best to accommodate your request to sit there.
Sign Up Online
Please mark your desired inscription in the notes section.
Plaque size is 3″ long x 1″ high, brushed aluminum with black type.
Two lines of text are permitted, with up to 24 characters per line (including spaces).
“In memory of, in honor of, congratulations to” dedications are included in the space count.
For more information, or to pay in stock or by check, contact James Lynes, Director of Institutional Advancement at 212 229 2819 x 29 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictured above: Polonsky Shakespeare Center, photo ©David Sundberg/Esto; Samuel H. Scripps Mainstage, photo ©Francis Dzikowski/OTTO.